- What are children's toys made of plastic 2022-04-21
- Will the plastic toy industry suffer? 2022-04-21
- Have you ever heard of "second-hand plastic" toys? Look at the beautiful children like, but will harm the baby's health 2022-04-21
- Toys should be disinfected frequently before use, and attention should be paid to disinfection methods 2022-04-21
- How can parents buy healthy plastic toys? 2022-04-21
- Are plastic toys really safe? 2022-04-21
- Do not buy toys for children, these plastic knowledge parents with children must know 2022-04-21
- Six kinds of plastic mold, which is more suitable for use? 2022-04-21
What are the core contents of European Union EN71-1,2,3 toy testing standards
- Time of issue:2022-04-21
What are the core contents of European Union EN71-1,2,3 toy testing standards
EN71 is the standard for toy products in the European market. Children are the most concerned and loving group of the whole society, children's popular toy market is developing rapidly, at the same time, all kinds of toys due to various aspects of quality problems to bring harm to children also happen from time to time, so the world's toys on their market requirements are becoming increasingly strict. Many countries have established their own safety regulations for these products, and manufacturers must ensure that their products meet relevant standards before they can be sold in the region. The manufacturer must be responsible for accidents resulting from production defects, poor design or improper use of materials. Thus in Europe launched the toy EN71 certification law, its meaning is to enter the European market through the EN71 standard of toy products for technical specifications, so as to reduce or avoid toys to children's injury.
EN 71-1: Physical and mechanical tests;
Including silent toys, sound toys, headset sound toys, toy cabinet 7,000 switch tests, riding toys, mouth-moving toys; Including drop test, small parts test, sharp edge test, tension test, pressure test, seam test, component test, ear, nose and eye tension test, torsion test, etc.
EN 71-2: Flammability tests;
1. Finished products;
2. Nap fabric or nap material;
3. Liquid flash point test
EN 71-3: Testing for 8 toxic metals: Lead, cadmium, chromium, arsenic, barium, mercury, selenium, antimony;
Limit standard: Lead ≤90, cadmium ≤75, Chromium ≤60, Arsenic ≤25, barium ≤1000, Mercury ≤60, Selenium ≤500, antimony ≤60 unit: (PPM)
En71-1: Physical machinery
No visual debris, pollution, etc
4.2 the Assembly Assembly
This clause applies to toys that must be assembled before play or that may be dangerous if improperly assembled (typical toys: riding toys, shipped in bulk when sold). Adult assembly requires an instruction manual and a statement like "Assembled by adults".
4.3 Flexible Plastic Sheeting
When the size of the flexible plastic film is greater than 100mm x 100mm, the thickness of the film must be greater than 0.038mm or any
If the area is 30mm×30mm, the opening area shall not be less than 1%. The thickness of the double layer of plastic film balloon is greater than 0.038mm when it is not inflated. This clause does not apply to latex balloon.
4.4 Toy Bags
A bag with an opening circumference greater than 380mm and a drawstring as the sealing mode must meet at least one of the following requirements: 1. Bags are made of breathable materials. 2. There are ventilation holes with an area of at least 1300mm2, which can be reached by two holes at least 150mm apart, or by a single ventilation hole with an area of at least 1300mm2
4.5 Glass Glass
Accessible glass is not suitable for children over 3 years of age except in the following cases
1. Functional and required (typical samples: light bulb, microscope lens, beaker)
2. Reinforced glass fiber
3. Marbles or toy glass eyeballs
4.6 Expanding Materials
Toys made of expansion materials, if there are small parts before and after abuse, must not have an expansion rate of more than 50% in either direction after the expansion test.
4.7 Edges sharp Edges
Touchable metal or glass should not have edge edges, metal edges should not have burrs, in toys for children over 3 years of age
Functional edges need to be warned to remind the user (typical toy: pencil sharpener, need to add a similar Warning on the package: Warning! Pencil sharpener present sharp edges,not suitable for children under 3years due to function sharp edges
4.8 Points and Metallic Wires
Accessible tips should not be pointy points. Toys for children over 3 years of age with functional pointy points need to be warned (typical toys: sewing needles, need to be warned on the package). The toy has flexible wires that cannot be broken after testing.
Tubes and rigid Parts that protrude in a manner that is dangerous for children to puncture need to be protected, and the protective device cannot come off after the tensile test. The ends of umbrella banners also need to be protected.
They are moving against each other
4.10.1Folding and sliding mechanisms
1. Toy cart
2. The ironing board
3. Folding chairs, etc
Mainly to prevent collapse, crush, scratch and so on.
Remote control cars, clockwork toys and other mechanical structures should not be exposed, the gap between the clockwork key or starting handle and the main body of the toy should not be between 5mm and 12mm, the clockwork or handle can not be inserted into the 5mm round rod opening
4.10.3Hinges If the hinge weight is greater than 250g, the gap between the lid and the main body should not be between 5-12mm.
4.10.4 Springs, spring
1. The gap of the accessible coil spring cannot be greater than 3mm.
2. The helical stretch spring can be contacted by 40N tension, the gap between the two adjacent spring rings can not be greater than 3mm, (not applicable to the spring beyond the elastic range).
3. If the helical compression spring can be reached if it can withstand 40N or more external force, the gap between the two adjacent spring rings at rest can not exceed 3mm, (not applicable to the spring beyond the elastic range).
4.11Mouth Actuated Toys
After immersion test, torque test and tension test, the nozzle part shall be free of small parts and shall not be free of small parts after suction test. The plug on the blow arrow nozzle to prevent the blow arrow from being sucked back cannot come off after being abused.
4.12 Balloons balloon
Latex balloons need a warning and the packaging of natural latex balloons must indicate that the balloon is made of natural latex.
Records of Toy Kites and Other Flying Toys
The resistance of a kite string with a length greater than 2m should be greater than 100 M ω /cm. Users should be reminded of the possible dangers of flying toy kites near high voltage lines and during thunderstorms.
Toy box and helmet
If the internal space of Toys which a child can enter is greater than 0.03m3 and the size is greater than 150mm, then:
A. Two or more unimpeded ventilation openings shall be provided, at least 150mm apart and with an area of 650mm2 or more.
B. Toys with doors, covers or similar devices shall be opened from the inside with a force of up to 50N.
C. Toy cabinets with vertically open hinged covers must have cover supports to prevent sudden collapse or fall of the cover. The cover support device requires that the cover should not fall more than 12 mm under its own weight at any position from 50 mm to 60 radians of the arc program.
D. The lid of the toy cabinet must still meet this requirement after 7000 switching cycles.
Masks and helmets have Masks and Masks
1. Two or more openings or a single ventilation area should be provided at least 150mm apart, so that the total ventilation area is not less than 1300mm2.
2. All rigid materials covering the face, such as goggles, space helmets or masks, shall not produce sharp edges, sharp points or debris that can enter the eye before and after a torque test, tension test, drop test, or pressure test.
3. Simulated protective face masks and helmet toys (such as motorcycle helmets, industrial safety caps and firefighter armor) and their packaging must carry warning labels.
4.15Toys intended to bear themass of a child. Riding toys
1. There are assembly instructions, use instructions, adult supervision and other information, as well as some toys special requirements of the warning.
2. No collapse after strength test (dynamic test and static test), no sharp point edge exposed.
3. Stability test.
4. Brake test.
5. The clearance of toys with wheels should not be between 5-12mm. Shake horses and bicycles required
6. Mark the minimum insertion depth of the saddle pole of a bicycle, and be at least 2.5 times the diameter.
7. There must be a restraining device on the bottom bow shelf of a rocking horse toy.
4.15.5 Several special requirements for toy scooters
A. Whether the handle is foldable, and requirements for folding clearance and clearance of moving parts. Rod and lock down and up strength.
B. Front wheel (not less than 120mm) and handle size (not less than 40mm).